The Creed III, Jonathan Majors, 33, who was arrested Saturday night by New York Police on charges of assault, harassment, and strangulation, after a 30-year-old woman filed a report against him, insists that he has done nothing wrong.
According to reports, the NYPD, a 30-year-old woman called 911 from a Manhattan Chelsea District apartment around 11:14 am to report domestic abuse. The woman was taken to the hospital and treated for minor head and neck injuries, the report says.
The attorney for Mr. Major, Priya Chaudhry told the BBC that her client is “completely innocent,” and that the woman in question has withdrawn her complaint.
“We are quickly gathering and presenting evidence to the District Attorney with the expectation that all charges will be dropped imminently,” she said in a statement.
“This evidence includes video footage from the vehicle where this episode took place, witness testimony from the driver and others who both saw and heard the episode, and most importantly, two written statements from the woman recanting these allegations.”
“All the evidence proves that Mr. Majors is entirely innocent and did not assault her whatsoever.”
Attorney Chaudhry further claims that there is video footage from the vehicle where the alleged incident took place which, along with testimony from the driver and onlookers, proves that her client is not only innocent but also “probably the victim.” She also claims that the complainant has withdrawn her complaint.
Majors. who co-stars with Michael B. Jordan in the Creed III movie, co-hosted the Oscars earlier this month.