“Creed III” actor Jonathan Majors’ girlfriend, who called cops after he allegedly hit and choked her, has reportedly admitted she’s to blame and doesn’t want to press charges against the Marvel star.
Attorney Priya Chaudhry, who previously said she had evidence proving Majors’ innocence, shared texts the unidentified girlfriend sent to Majors after his arrest Saturday.
An attorney for the Creed III actor has shared text messages on Thursday, which he claimed that came from the woman whom he is accused of assaulting.
According to the shared messages, which have not been verified yet, the woman wrote Majors afterwards that “I told them it was my fault for trying to grab your phone.”
The woman also mentioned that she was “angry” that Majors had been arrested, and that she assured that the charges did not have her blessing.
“They said they had to arrest you as protocol when they saw the injuries on me and they knew we had a fight. I’m so angry that they did. And I’m sorry you’re in this position.”
His girlfriend wrote.
“I reiterated how this was not an attack,” the woman allegedly wrote. The person who sent the texts also indicates she had “injuries” and that “we had a fight.”
She also texts, “I love you” — and after more than three hours pass without a response from Majors, 33, she assures him that she told police the fight between them “was not an attack.”
However, a representative for the NYPD said, “We have an active and ongoing investigation but cannot comment beyond that.”
For the unaware, Majors was arrested in Manhattan over charges of assault and harassment, following a domestic dispute with a 30-year-old woman, according to authorities.
Chaudhry has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing by her client, saying her legal team expects all charges to be dropped soon.
In a statement about Majors’ arrest, the lawyer said she was presenting evidence to the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office to exonerate her client.
“This evidence includes video footage from the vehicle where this episode took place, witness testimony from the driver and others who both saw and heard the episode, and most importantly, two written statements from the woman recanting these allegations,” Chaudhry said.